All photos by G.
I estimate that I saw over 200 bands in 2010. Picking out the top 10 shows that really blew me away was a really hard task because I was privileged to see so much great music. Believe me, there were way more than 10 shows that knocked my socks off, but for purposes of a top ten list, these are my picks. Please believe me that if any of these bands come to your town, I cannot recommend highly enough that you go see them!
1. The Flaming Lips at Terminal 5.
The Flaming Lips
2. The Wall by Roger Waters at Madison Square Garden.
The Wall by Roger Waters
3. Robert Plant at Bowery Ballroom.
Robert Plant (yes, I was that close!)
4. Atoms for Peace (Thom Yorke of Radiohead) at Roseland.
Atoms for Peace
5. Diana Ross at Radio City Music Hall.
6. Interpol at Milk Studios.
Paul Banks of Interpol
7. Scissor Sisters at Bowery Ballroom.
Jake Shears and Ana Matronic of Scissor Sisters
8. Massive Attack at Terminal 5.
9. Editors at Terminal 5.
Tom Smith of Editors
10. Florence and the Machine at Terminal 5.
Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine