#OccupyWallStreet on October 23, 2011: Photos and Commentary

Posted by The G on October 24, 2011 under The G Spot | Read the First Comment

Photos by G.

We Are The New Barbarians Occupying Our Rome

There is nothing to fear but fear itself.  I do everything in my power to steer clear of mainstream media (especially since I once worked for a news station and I sat in meetings where executive big wigs literally created news stories to scare people into submission).  With that being said, there’s a lot of misinformation and confusion spreading about #OccupyWallStreet.   I’ve seen people making a mockery of the major tenet of #OWS, “We Are The 99%.”  It’s really simple – if you make less than $1,137,684 per year, you are one of the 99%.  It has nothing to do with your religious or political views.  It’s not about which political party you support or disagree with.  It has nothing to do with whether you consider yourself conservative or liberal.  The concept of “We Are the 99%” is simple:  1% of the population is controlling the other 99%.  To break it down in the simplest terms, think about it in terms of a company you might have worked for:  You and your fellow worker bees (99%) are doing most of the work in that company while the CEO (1%) reaps the higher paycheck and the spotlight for a job well done.  Is that fair?  Has it ever been fair?  Of course not!  We’ve been fed propaganda our whole lives that we must obey “the rules” and keep our mouths shut.  Surprisingly, this model has worked for generations.  While the vast majority (the 99%) have complained on the sidelines, the 1% (corporate executives, religious officials and politicians) have raped us!  They’ve stolen our money, fed us lies and done everything in their power to keep us numb and stupid so that nobody would figure out that WE (the 99%) outnumber THEM (the 1%).  Guess what?  Those days are over.

Bring Back The Corporate Death Penalty

The #Occupy movement is spreading across the world very rapidly and change IS going to happen.  It’s just a question of when.  #OccupyWallStreet in Zuchotti Park in Manhattan is a very fascinating place to be.  I’ve visited #OWS several times and each time, it’s more interesting and inspiring than the previous visit.  Ideas are being exchanged and it’s very clear that a lot of people are sick and tired of this existence we’re living in.  We’ve relied on our elected leaders to come through with their promises to make change that will benefit the people, and unfortunately, these changes never come to pass.  The changes seem to benefit only the people in power while the rest of us suffer and accept it.  The masses are starting to take matters into their own hands and it is looking like a revolution is near.  I say these things not to scare you, but more so to prepare you and make you think about and TAKE ACTION for what’s going on.  These statements are based on my observations and if you think I am off base and totally crazy, that’s ok by me.  But don’t give me that label without seeing for yourself first hand what is happening.

Occupy Wall Street

Occupy Wall Street

Each visit to #OWS has been different and I’ve witnessed people sharing ideas,  people peacefully trying to spread the word, people putting aside their differences and people coming together as one.  Of course, like any movement, human nature persists and I’ve also seen freeloaders trying to jump on the band wagon as well as many opportunists trying to capitalize in a free-for-all situation.  A lot of #OccupyWallStreet merchandise including buttons and T-shirts are for sale at Zuchotti Park and you will also see people begging for money (for their personal gain).  The weather is starting to get colder and the police that are on standby at #OWS are starting to get restless.  Who is going to make the first move?  This is surely to be the most interesting reality TV program of all time.  Stay tuned!

Opportunists at OccupyWallStreet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
  • jeremy said,

    Very well written, G. I’m glad to get first hand info from someone there.