Photo by G.
6 years today – January 12, 2006, I packed up my belongings from Los Angeles and moved to New York. 6 years ago, I am not quite sure I could have imagined the crazycool ride I’ve taken both physically, spiritually and mentally. There have been so many people, places and events that have forever changed my life for the better, all I can do is express my extreme gratitude for the differences you’ve all made in my life. For the people that like a “by the numbers” sort of recap, here’s a few of the accomplishments that have happened to me since I’ve lived in New York.
– My first book of poetry “Sketches of Verbal Alchemy” was released.
– My name has appeared in a CD from the singer Prince
– I have written the lyrics for over two albums worth of music (which are for sale on iTunes)
– I’ve seen my name on Prime Time Network TV
– I’ve seen my name on a movie screen
– A line of T-shirts that I’ve designed has been released
– I’ve been immortalized in a painting
– I’ve been in music videos from the bands Spoon and Penguin Prison
– I launched a blog that has had over 1,000,000 viewers since it was started
– My stories have made their way onto internet giants (such as D-Listed and Brooklyn Vegan) as well as on the pages of band websites such as Kiss, Heart and Duran Duran
– I’ve been photographed with over 500 artists, musicians and celebrities
– I’ve interviewed over 30 artists whose work inspires me
– I’ve made and sold some of my abstract paintings
– Photos of mine have turned into and sold as limited edition prints
– My words have been the subject of tattoos
– A second book of poetry and my first coffee table book have been written and are awaiting distribution
– Countless artists and websites I admire are now friends of mine
and the list goes on…
Thanks again to everyone for your tremendous love and support. It means the world to me! Sometimes I cannot believe all these amazing experiences, but I promise you – this is just the beginning!