Photos by G.
Anna Calvi played Music Hall of Williamsburg on December 13, 2011 and here are 10 reasons you should ALWAYS see Anna live.
1. Anna Calvi’s voice is amazing.
2. Her music is opera fused with noir – sounding rock.
3. She is absolutely gorgeous and captivating to watch.
4. Anna Calvi played guitar that would make Prince smile.
5. She really let loose with extended guitar solos and lots of jamming for her final show of 2011.
6. Her cover of Edith Piaf’s “Jezebel” is incredible (and a video will be coming soon – stay tuned).
7. Brooklyn Vegan put on this show, which donated some proceeds to Toys For Tots.Â We love that website and we love giving to charity!
8. Her songs such as “Suzanne and I,” “The Devil,” and “Love Won’t Be Leaving,” which brought down the house!
9. The crowd, respectfully kept dead quiet while Anna delivered sexy versions of her great songs.
10. Watching her perform is truly knowing you are seeing a tremendous talent in front of your eyes.
Thanks Anna for the third great experience I’ve had seeing you perform this year!
See the setlist after the jump.