Photo by G.
Some Girls out November 21, 2011
This is great news! The Rolling Stones are reissuing their classic album “Some Girls” on November 21, 2011 with a disc of unreleased songs!
The tracklist is:
1. Miss You
2. When The Whip Comes Down
3. Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
4. Some Girls
6. Far Away Eyes
8. Before They Make Me Run
9. Beast of Burden
2. So Young
3. Do You Think I Really Care
4. When Youre Gone
5. No Spare Parts
6. Dont Be A Stranger
7. We Had It All
8. Tallahassee Lassie
9. I Love You Too Much
10. Keep Up Blues
11. You Win Again
12. Petrol Blues
Photo by G.
Noah Lennox of Panda Bear
Good news for fans of Panda Bear! Noah Lennox’ 2011 side project “Tomboy” will be reissued on October 31 in a deluxe LP box set, limited to 5000 copies and proceeds will benefit the American Cancer Society.
The tracklist via Pitchfork is:
01 You Can Count on Me
03 Slow Motion
04 Surfer’s Hymn
05 Last Night at the Jetty
01 The Preakness
02 Alsatian Darn
04 Friendship Bracelet
LP 3 (Single Mixes):
03 Last Night at the Jetty
04 Surfer’s Hymn
07 Slow Motion
08 Friendship Bracelet
09 Alsatian Darn
11 You Can Count on Me
01 Alsatian Darn (Instrumental)
02 Slow Motion (Instrumental)
03 Friendship Bracelet (Instrumental)
04 Drone (Instrumental)
05 Last Night at the Jetty (Instrumental)
06 You Can Count on Me (A Cappella)
07 Alsatian Darn (A Cappella)
08 Slow Motion (A Cappella)
09 Afterburner (A Cappella)
10 Drone (A Cappella)
Photo by G.
Roger Waters of Pink Floyd
A website called Why Pink Floyd…? has just launched and it appears that the Floyd are about to hook fans up with a ton of unreleased songs. The releases are set to be launched on September 26, 2011 and will feature deluxe editions of “Wish You Were Here,” “The Wall” and “Dark Side of the Moon.” Videos, remastered sound, deluxe liner notes and unreleased songs are planned. The final track lists have not been finalized yet, but here’s a preview of some of the bonus features you can expect to find.
Dark Side of the Moon:
- Careful With That Axe, Eugene Live In Brighton 1972 (previously unreleased on DVD)
- Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun Live In Brighton 1972 (previously unreleased on DVD)
- The Dark Side Of The Moon, 2003 documentary (25 min EPK)
- British Tour Concert Screen Films 1974 (5.1 Surround Mix):
- French Tour Concert Screen Films 1974 (5.1 Surround Mix):
- North American Tour Concert Screen Films 1975 (5.1 Surround Mix):
- British Tour Concert Screen Films 1974 (High Resolution Stereo Mix):
- French Tour Concert Screen Films 1974 (High Resolution Stereo Mix):
- North American Tour Concert Screen Films 1975 (High Resolution Stereo Mix):
- The Hard Way (from ‘Household Objects’ project)
- Us And Them, Richard Wright Demo (previously unreleased)
- The Travel Sequence, live from Brighton June 1972 (previously unreleased)
- The Mortality Sequence, live from Brighton June 1972 (previously unreleased)
- Any Colour You Like, live from Brighton June 1972 (previously unreleased)
- The Travel Sequence, studio recording 1972 (previously unreleased)
- Money, Roger Waters’ demo (previously unreleased)
Wish You Were Here:
- Shine On You Crazy Diamond (parts 1-6) live at Wembley November 1974 (2011 mix and previously unreleased)
- Raving & Drooling live at Wembley November 1974 (2011 mix and previously unreleased)
- You’ve Got To Be Crazy live at Wembley November 1974 (2011 mix and previously unreleased)
- Wine Glasses from the unreleased ‘Household Objects’ project
- Have a Cigar (Previously Unrelease Alternative Version)
- Wish You Were (featuring Stepahne Grappelli – Previously Unreleased)
Sounds of the Universe - Out Now!
In a rather bold move, considering these tough economic times, Depeche Mode’s latest album “Sounds Of The Universe,” has been released in a limited edition deluxe box set format. Is it worth the hefty price tag? You bet! The box set comes with 2 Hardcover books that include exclusive photos, full lyrics, the album, the album in 5.1 Surround Sound – that also includes two lengthy video documentaries, postcards, pins, a poster, a certificate of authenticity and a disc of b-sides and remixes as well as a full length cd of demos from various stages of their career!
The demos are particularly interesting as you get to hear Martin Gore’s vocals on tracks that were made famous by Dave Gahan. Songs such as “Little 15,” “Walking in my Shoes,” “Clean,” and even the recent track “In Chains,” are in full demo-glory and are available only in this package. The B-sides and remixes disc features the track “Oh Well,” which is easily the best track Depeche Mode have released in a very long time. Again, you can only get that here. If you are a Depeche Mode fan, this box is for you!
Try walking in their shoes.