The World Ended and all I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt

Posted by The G on May 22, 2011 under GNN | 2 Comments to Read

Photo by G.

Judgment Day

Judgment Day: May 21, 2011

If you ever doubted the expression “Spirituality does not need religion.  Religion needs spirituality,” May 21, 2011 made that comment an undeniable fact.

Religious freaks, the same ones who have told the masses that God wants you to do this or that, the same people that have said homosexuality is a sin and the same people who have told you that if you cut a check, your soul can be saved, have unsucessfully tried to pull off a prank that even Banksy himself couldn’t have gotten away with.

The spiritual equivalent of yelling “Fire” in a crowded public space was passing out fliers for a global event called Judgment Day.  This event was supposed to happen on May 21, 2011.  According to the literature that was handed out, God was supposed to destroy the earth in an event called “The Rapture.” 

This was the inevitable sequel to Y2K.  Freak the people out and scare them into submission.  The end of the world did not happen, but here’s what did happen:  undisputed proof that we should not just read the bible, listen to religious nut jobs and follow their instructions instead of listening to the beat of our own hearts.  I am not suggesting that the Bible doesn’t have some good information, because it does.  But Miles Davis’ autobiography also has some good information too.  It doesn’t mean that should be the only book you base all your facts from.

Since the inception of religion, it’s been a business designed to keep most people whipped into submission while the honchos in the upper echelon control the masses.  Think of it this way:  1% controls the other 99%.  Does that statistic sound familiar?  It’s sort of like the corporate world.

There is enough abundance on this planet for everyone.  While the world didn’t end yesterday, what did end is the thought that us in the 99% are helpless and we should stay in submission to the 1% that control us.  It’s time to turn the tables because WE outnumber THEM. 


The world did end yesterday.  The world where people had their heads up their asses and listened to any old thing and didn’t question authority. 

What are you going to do about it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...